Feb 15, 2022Future of work
Creating institutions for a better future
How can you revolutionize institutions that have been set in stone for centuries?
The exponential increase in technological innovation and global hiring have enabled dramatic changes in the most central institutions of our lives and how we work, as well as the creation of new ones.
Omni is an organization that has the goal to facilitate that change. We spoke with its co-founder and CEO Jeremy Nixon about how those institutions can be formed.
Topics we discussed:
- Goal-orientation vs problem-orientation
- How to systemize creativity and bold thinking
- Making decisions as a collective
- How to filter information to create robust philosophies
Find the full transcript here.
Stay tuned for the next episode with Jason Silva from Emmy-nominated TV series Brain Games on the future of storytelling.
What should we talk about next?
We love hearing feedback and suggestions about our previous and future episodes, so don’t hesitate to tweet us @safetywing!
- Excellent Sheep by William Deresiewicz
- Influence by Robert B. Cialdini
- The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Writings by Eliezer Yudkowsky.
About your hosts
Co-founder & CEO
Sondre co-founded SafetyWing together with Sarah Sandnes and Hans Kjellby. Born in Bergen, Norway, he studied economics and computer science, before starting work as a policy advisor for the government of Norway advising on social policies. After getting frustrated with the slow pace of government change, Sondre first founded SuperSide (YC W16), a platform for freelance designers. It was here he discovered the lack of a safety net for online remote workers. SafetyWing was then born with the aim of building a global social safety net.
Co-Founder and CEO
Jeremy is the co-founder and CEO at Omni an organization with the goal of bringing about a new set of institutions. Before Omni, Jeremy studied Applied Mathematics at Harvard, worked as a Machine Learning Researcher at Google Brain, and is dedicated to understanding the principles underlying information and intelligence.
Thank you for subscribing!
Subscribe to Building Remotely updates to get:
- Alerted for new podcasts and articles
- Summaries of our best insights from remote leaders
- Book chapters as they’re released