Mar 23, 2022Team gatherings
Organizing great team gatherings
Have you tried organizing in-person gatherings for your remote team?
Creating a sense of belonging and battling loneliness is one of the main challenges remote teams face. Virtual and in-person gatherings greatly help.
Sam Laliberte has a great formula for organizing both virtual and in-person team gatherings that prioritize genuine connections and conversations, with a focus on making it accessible and fun for all attendees.
Topics we discussed:
- The importance of in-person gatherings as a remote team
- Key components of a successful team gathering
- Creating a feeling of authenticity and avoiding a forced corporate atmosphere
- Finding a balance between productivity and spontaneity
- How to choose the location/activities/schedule based on your team's personality.
Find the full transcript here.
Stay tuned for the next episode with Job van der Voort from Remote.com on building a product people love.
About your hosts
Founder and host
Sam is the founder of the Freedom Lifestyle community and podcast series about the movement and entrepreneurial shift towards freedom in life and work. As a podcast producer and strategist, she helps other creators start and grow their podcasts.
Co-founder & CEO
Sondre co-founded SafetyWing together with Sarah Sandnes and Hans Kjellby. Born in Bergen, Norway, he studied economics and computer science, before starting work as a policy advisor for the government of Norway advising on social policies. After getting frustrated with the slow pace of government change, Sondre first founded SuperSide (YC W16), a platform for freelance designers. It was here he discovered the lack of a safety net for online remote workers. SafetyWing was then born with the aim of building a global social safety net.
Thank you for subscribing!
Subscribe to Building Remotely updates to get:
- Alerted for new podcasts and articles
- Summaries of our best insights from remote leaders
- Book chapters as they’re released